Friday, March 27, 2020

Hello Families,

So all of Vermont heard last night that the governor made the decision to not have students return to  school in person this school year.  That decision truly pains me.  I am the type of person to focus on the things that I can control.  Something that I can control is that I am going to work hard to help your child do their best.  This situation is rapidly changing and I am going to work hard to stay up to date on the latest best practices.  In the mean time, I will be continuing to put up daily videos and develop a plan that is sustainable for all of us through the end of June. 

This groups of kids has helped me become a better teacher.  I am proud to have witnessed how far they have come as mathematicians, writers, readers, citizens, organizers, and friends.  These kids are always willing to help someone out in need or to help put a smile on someone's face.  They can certainly be a lot of work, but they all understand that together we can make magic happen.  I love each and everyone of them.  They should be expecting a massive hug on their first day of second grade. 

If you have not told your child this news, please be aware that I am about to tell them in this video. I would like to get in touch with each of the first graders over the coming days on the phone.  I have to figure out a schedule and logistics of this though.  I am here for the kids and the families if you want to reach out to me.  It is also my understanding that report cards will be sent out today.  These were written under the idea that parent teacher conferences would have taken place.  If you have a question about any of it please reach out to me. 

Thank you for the privilege of being your child's first grade teacher.   There is no bigger honor!