Monday, May 4, 2020


Hi families,

Happy Monday!

Today the kids can work on:

-ing handwriting
Math pages 246-247 (ok to skip today)
Plan a new writing piece (I can do this with them individually if needed)

On Mondays, we have Art so click here for the latest from Mrs. Libby!

In today's video, I model a read aloud using some helpful tips from a document that Mrs. McCrave created.  I tell the kids that it is ok to skip the math pages for today. I introduce new word work words.  Here is the video!
I am giving a new challenge to first graders.  I decided on this topic because I have had many first graders share something new with me individually and I want to give them the chance to share something with the group.  This Friday, I will host a first grade show and tell.  First graders will have one minute to share something that they wish.  Their share could be a collection they have, something they have built, a pet, a song they perfected, something they cooked, etc.  The options are endless!  If your child wants to show something outside that is ok, but I would encourage you to test out your connection.  I am hoping that items will be shared will be done live and not recorded.  I had this idea before I knew third grade was doing something similar.  Have fun!

Keep working hard on EPIC! Reading and ST Math as I am monitoring progress.  Also, for students receiving Title 1 support from Mrs. McCrave, don't forget to log onto Lalilo for 20 minutes a day.  She is keeping track of your progress and loves to see your work!

Any questions, let me know!