Monday, May 11, 2020


Hi families,

Happy Monday!

Today the kids can work on:

ee, ea, ey handwriting
Math pages 256-257
Plan a new narrative writing piece

On Mondays, we have Art and Music so click here for the latest from Mrs. Libby!

In today's video, I do something that had been thoroughly requested and model how I (as a first grader) might plan a writing piece  I hope this is helpful.  I introduce new word work words which contain the vowel teams of ee, ea, ey.  Here is the video!


This week I am giving first graders another challenge.  I have heard from some of you that your child is finding a hard time buying into doing school work.  It is my hope that some friendly competition inspires them to get motivated.  The challenge has two parts.  The first part is too find the highest number of pieces of litter and the second part is to come up with why they think a certain type of litter that they find is the most unique.  I am hoping to motivate the kids by giving them some advice on what might be the most interesting when I meet with them one on one.  However, I might only be able to give advice if they have been working hard!


Keep working hard on EPIC! Reading and ST Math as I am monitoring progress.  Also, for students receiving Title 1 support from Mrs. McCrave, don't forget to log onto Lalilo for 20 minutes a day.  She is keeping track of your progress and loves to see your work!

Any questions, let me know!