Monday, April 6, 2020

Good Morning,

I was excited to get more work for students to families.  In today's video, I discuss the items that you picked up and what the kids can work on today.  This is a long video and it is definitely taking a long time to upload.  Hopefully you will find it helpful.  Here is the link to the video

I am working on a schedule where I communicate with the kids individually and as a group.  I was waiting on some guidance and I now have the ok to start working on this.  I know that some of you have started this on your own.  What I am thinking is an individual time with me and one student once a week and one to two times where we meet as a class using a password protected zoom meeting.  I would only be passing out zoom passwords through email so that it stays secure.  I am also considering doing this on the phone if that works better for you and your child.  I am only able to do this if parents have completed the online permission form that the school sent out at the end of last week.  If you need more information, please let me know!  I have been heavily researching the best ways to do this for first graders.  I know that some of your older children are using a variety of platforms, but I have told the kids all year first grade does things differently!  This is because this is such an essential age and has unique needs.