Friday, April 17, 2020

Hi families,

Today kids can work on: 

Two half pictures using yesterday’s high frequency words
Math pages 224-225
Share your narrative piece or get it ready to show Mr. Stevenson

In today's video, I make up some silly sentences using our high frequency words.  Towards the end of the video, I chat (more like ramble) about what I recognize about some of the struggles kids are having with their writing at home.  Here is the video!

At 9:30 today, I am hosting a first grade whole class meeting.  I welcome siblings/parents to join in.  You received an invitation to this meeting this morning.  If you are a staff member and would like an invitation let me know!
Monday the 20th and Friday the 24th are spring break days for the district so schools are in theory "closed".  The 21st-23rd as snow day make ups so school will be in "session" remotely.  I am not required to do anything school related, but given how things are I welcome the chance to be busy so I will still put out a video and host one on one zoom meetings.  I will leave it up to families with what your child needs.  So on those days, give your child what they need whether that is a day off or some school day structure.

Happy Friday!