Wednesday, April 1, 2020


Hi families, 

Link to today's video is here

This Friday, April 3rd I plan to host a schoolwork pickup from 9-10 for first grade only.  If you can’t make it during those hours let me know and I can either leave it at school for you to pickup outside or I can deliver it to your driveway. 

What will be available to pick up:
A daily task completion sheet which goes through the middle of June
Math workbooks
A set of copies for daily practice of word work and high frequency words
Narrative writing graphic organizers
Narrative writing papers
Writing editing checklist
Shoes that your child left in the classroom

Please do:
Check out the attached pictures to see if you recognize these shoes.
Let me know through email if on Friday you plan to come to SME from 9-10, would like me to leave things outside the main entrance, or would like me to drop off at your driveway.
I plan to call all first graders on Thursday so please let me know what number is best to reach them at.

Please note:
This is a situation that is continuously evolving and my plans may be forced to change.  There could be forthcoming guidelines from the state or national level which may force me to rethink instructional materials, communicating with students, or how to assess learning.  If that occurs you will hear from me, but in the meantime I wanted to make sure that I provided students with something provides some sort of normalcy for them.  I am also going to start utilizing flipgrid.com for students to share their completed work with myself and other students.   On the daily task completion sheet, you will notice that some items are bold.  I am asking that on Friday’s for students to share what they have been working on over that week.  From there, children will be able to comment through a video on other children’s work.  Flipgrid is able to be used on a variety of devices and it doesn't require using an app, but one does exist.  It is also my hope that flipgrid is something that families can use to motivate their child to complete their work.  As I mentioned earlier, this situation is continuously evolving and I recognize that I will likely have to evolve further.  I wanted families to hopefully feel a bit at ease knowing that the work initially sent home is set to run out on April 3rd and that a tentative plan for more things to do does exist. Link to intro to flipgrid video is here.

This situation has made me stop and think about how appreciative that I am to be this group’s teacher.

Thanks!

Pictures of shoes: