Monday, April 20, 2020

Hi families,

Today is technically a Spring Break Day, but I am putting things out there for families that want to keep their child busy.  I am someone that prefers to be busy so I appreciate the distraction.  Consider everything for today optional!

Today the kids can work on:

ll, ss, ff handwriting
Math pages 226-227
Plan a new narrative piece

In today's video, I start off talking about some strategies and probing questions to get your child to think about how to plan a writing piece.  I hope that you find this approach helpful.  The last thing I want to do is show my model and then have kids copy me.  I also put writing first today so that kids aren't spent!  Here is the video

On Friday, I hosted 11 first graders, four staff members, and many siblings/parents for a group drawing session.  I think the kids enjoyed it.  We had a wide age range in participants which I hope to see continue on upcoming Fridays.  I will keep Fridays geared towards creating something.  Tomorrow afternoon, I will again host first graders and we will be doing something socially geared.

If your child has a Monday one on one time, I want you to consider it optional, but I will still be in front of the screen at their time if your child does want to check in!  I can probably figure out a way to reschedule if your family is taking the day off!

Happy Monday!